Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Canvas Art

I've always seen such beautiful canvases on Pinterest, homemade and used as apartment or door decor. I thought I'd give it a try! I had so many designs and patterns and quotes in mind so it was tough to choose. I invited my super artsy and painter friend over for help. I was mainly support. This decal screams diva and chic and I'm in my 20s 👸 and I'd been thinking of doing a good and pink bathroom. It came out incredible.



Masking tape and painters tape were used to outline the lips and create the cracked and imperfect effects. This was such a good idea because then the outlines weren't perfect edges.




SO cute! We used different types and shades of gold acrylic paint, mixed with glitter and a tiny bit of sequins. We got the clumpy look by scrunching up washcloths and wrapping rubber bands around them for a cool and raised look. To reward my artist and support person, I made apple crisp and honored the beautiful fall day.


I had used honey crisp apples but this recipe can be tailored and delicious with any apple! I also topped each slice with Edys Vanilla Caramel Praline Crunch frozen yogurt which was AMAZING..


Such a fun and fally recipe.. and not to mention; easy! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment