Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hello Snow Storm!!!



What a winter wonderland it is outside.. this winter has been crazy! The snow started earlier this morning and is supposed to go until tomorrow morning! What a way to end my winter break. The school had called a half-day so Eric's been home with me today! They're calling for 10-14 inches!I'm pretty sore from that workout class last night, which both my mother and I enjoyed! I decided to make my FAVORITE oatmeal for brunch which absolutely hit the spot on this cold day. Such an easy meal too;




Cinnamon Swirl Protein Oatmeal
Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup old fashioned, steel or quick oats 
  • 1/2 scoop Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl whey protein (I LOVE this flavor.. haven't tried any others; but I'm sure vanilla would also be awesome!)
  • a dash cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup water/milk/almond milk/soy milk/etc.
  • apple, banana, raisins, peanut butter, pear, granola, etc

Directions
  1.  Measure out the suggested amount of oats. I usually do 1/3 but if I'm super hungry-- 1/2 cup. (This recipe can also be transformed into a stove-top meal but microwave is so much quicker and tastes just as good!)
  2. Add your liquid which can be any of the milks (or water) to your oats.
  3. Heat for 2.5 minutes in the microwave.
  4. Stir in protein powder and cinnamon.
  5. Add toppings (I LOVE banana, but a golden delicious apple is shown in the picture) that you love and enjoy!!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment