Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy Nurse's Day/Week!



May 6th-12th is commonly known as Nurse's Week. Today, being National Nurse's Day, I was excited to spend my morning on the ICU at internship. Bagels, fruits, pizzas and wings were ordered for the nurses on the unit; thank yous were shared and congratulations/good luck wishes were spread among the hospital. Doctors were aware of the day and so were some patients. There were bulletins all over the lounge, advertising events going on during the week. 


It's so great to feel appreciated and I am thankful that I am going into such a gracious and honored profession. I also had the honor of having my first disimpaction today... That should just get my my RN license right away. Scarred for life, but I will see that man progress into good health on Thursday! Among all of the things that I have seen at internship, I have participated in procedures that I am so thankful for. ICUs are crazy! Lines everywhere, insertion sites all over, beepers and alerts off the hook. I have learned SO much. A-lines, CVP, MAP, pneumonia right & left, thoracenteses, trauma, CAT codes, isolation to the extreme and withdrawal symptoms everywhere. Happy Nurse's Day! T- 2 months until my RN licensure (HOPEFULLY!)



No comments:

Post a Comment