Saturday, January 4, 2014

cookie craze 2013

So it's a little late... and I already made my new years resolution to eat less sugar, but I NEED to post on my 2013 Christmas baking. I created a little tradition where I bake mad cookies and give them as gifts to family and friends on Christmas day. I love baking and I wish I could eat every cookie that I make. Trying to keep my brothers from eating all of them before Christmas is quite the challenge. I think I had about 14 tins of cookies to give out this year! WOOOO :) Here are some of the cookies that made my A+ List :) Click on the photo for the link to the recipe!

First... these mayyyy have been the best cookies I've ever had. Especially warm.



Brown Sugar Toffee Cookies


Next, these were Jake's favorite. My brothers would go into the freezer to eat one (or many many more than one) when I wasn't looking. Pretty sure each tin only got one cookie at the end of it.

Cookies & Cream Cookies

Gotta love the Toll-House Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are definitely a staple of my Christmas.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Next, my FAVORITE!!!! I usually use my best friend's grandmothers recipe but this recipe is very similar.

Peanut Butter Blossoms

Now, these are all OVER Pinterest and I had to try. Jake's girlfriend, Nicole attempted them and inspired me (as always). There were tricky but so worth it!

Swirled Sugar Cookies

These are also another favorite in our house... difficult to keep in the kitchen!

Chocolate-White Chip Cookies

I'm such a cinnamon person so Snickerdoodles were essential this year. 

Snickerdoodles

Last but not least, I ALWAYS use the same sugar cookie recipe. It's a hit! And we had a ton of fun baking them. The girlfriends came over and helped and Eric tried to help (not very successful)

Cut-Out Sugar Cookies



I also made a ton of candy! Always a hit and it makes the tins look so decorated and festive!

Candy Cane Kisses

Peppermint Bark

Christmas Crack

The final products were SO cute! I distribute a few of each cookie/candy pieces onto each platter and label them with a holiday name-tag and a bow. That's my favorite part. "I'm like Santa!!" And of course we still have some cookies left over today...





SO many cookies! So I'm giving the mixer a break for now... xo

No comments:

Post a Comment