Monday, May 26, 2014

Graduation Festivities

The day has finally come! Graduation festivities have been completed and the bittersweet feeling has officially set in. I read a bunch of great graduation articles; from not knowing where you belong to moving on to a whole new world to tips for post graduate life. However, these past three days couldn't have been any more complete or any more perfect. Wednesday started with nursing pinning; what an incredible ride this has been with so many close friends. Nursing.... NOT what I expected. I had no clue going into nursing that countless hours at the library, 900 clinical hours and not to mention the extremely uncomfortable procedures we would encounter during our first few days on the job. Nonetheless, completing the nursing program at SU has left me with unforgettable memories, irreplaceable friends and a strong educational and clinical background. Couldn't have done this without my parents or my best friends.




It's crazy that when you're all wrapped up in completing assignments, writing papers and studying until you pass out... You forget to look around and be thankful that all this is happening to you and what you will achieve at the end of the day is greater than anyone can put into words. Pinning is a symbolization of entrance into the wonderful profession of nursing and culmination of practice. 




Culmination (n): the final result, the end


My parents and Jake were present for the graduation ceremony as Eric had his senior prom that same day (figures).  It was a nice ceremony, as well as our after party at the Diva Den For all families and friends of the graduates.

Roommates hold a special place in your heart as I know we will not lose touch over the next few years. I lived with these girls for four years and I know that any other living quarter will be SO different. My roommates are, as I once said, "so accepting of my behavior, and so welcoming of our own weirdness". Jake and Eric will have to take over this huge role in my life, or attempt to.


It is a senior privledge to celebrate at Seacrets, Ocean City MD the night of graduation. We stayed in the Princess hotel right next door and had such a great time, as our neighbors were also right down the hall. We had happy hour at Coconuts (BOGO deal from 5-6) before we were stopped by a tornado warning and had to sprint home before buckets of hail hit OC. After Lindsay lost her shoe, our outfits became drenched and our hair a wreck, it wouldn't have been right any other way.




No comments:

Post a Comment