Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wine, Cheese & Grey's



Grey's Anatomy finally comes back on tonight... after a 3 month break. And I haven't been more excited. I got high B's on all my exams this week so some serious relaxation is in line for this weekend. Today we took the clinical day to screen pre-schoolers & 1st graders for hearing and vision. ADORABLE. I loved it. I also loved our night...

1 Thing scratched off the Bucket List. WINE & CHEESE NIGHT! I had been stalking Pinterest for some good wine/cheese combinations and table set-ups and it was quite a success. I started by using these photos and websites as aids for our party.


And I obviously did some research on some good cheap wines. College style but classy none the less. I posted this on our fridge to let everybody know about our event:


Then the fun part. Shopping for cheese. We had no idea where to even start so we headed to the gourmet cheese aisle of Giant. YUM. Our first picks were obviously cheddar and I had requests for Gouda (we got Apple Smoked), Goat Cheese (we got Garlic & Herb) and we also picked up a huge Swiss block, a trio of port wine/garlic & herb/cheddar, mozzarella and we also got a baguette served with grapes, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. 




We had everyone bring their own bottle of wine; present was Pinot Grigio, Rosae, Cabernet, Savingnon Blanc, Moscato and I brought Riesling. Everybody had a ton of fun pairing cheeses and fruit along with a few glasses of wine. Classy but cute.





No comments:

Post a Comment